I have been awful at updating this blog and I apologize! To make it up to you, here’s a little bit of what I have been up to a la Instagram. Fell in love with leather.
Indulged in a ridiculously decadent dessert that will surely find its way to my hips..
Went pumpkin picking.
Made a friend.. ‘Ello love!
Lost myself in the museum of Natural History. Met T-Rex…much thinner than I recall.
Took a walk in the park..
And dressed as a nerd for Halloween. I’m smaht.
I shall try to update more often! x
Sometimes when I have too much work to do during the day, I don’t have time to make a fancy lunch. Today I happened to have some leftover Cajun chicken from the night before. Lucky me, I also happened to have Avocado and White corn chips in the pantry. Put them all together and you get a very yummy sandwich!
If you already have leftover chicken and want to kick it up a notch, you can just season with some Cajun seasoning to get the desired effect.
Avocado and Organic White Stone Pressed Corn Chips.
Throw in your sliced – or pitted – Avocado into your mortar along with the corn chips. Use the pestle and pulverize them both. mwahaha.
Slice up your Cajun chicken and place it on your bread of choice. ( I used organic Soft wheat bread)
A nice easy lunch on a warm day. Enjoy with your favorite beverage. x
If you have time and would like to make some Cajun chicken from scratch, you will need:
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (recipe below)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large self closing plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Marinate chicken for 20 minutes or for up to 3 hours.
- Grill chicken 14 minutes turning once.
- To make Cajun seasoning combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store any left over seasoning in an airtight jar.